The dollar store is a great place to save money, but not everything there is all it’s cracked up to be! So how do you shop at the dollar store and actually get stuff that is worth buying? Today’s post should help! Here are 10 dollar store items to buy that will really save you tons–because they’re worth more than that dollar!
1. Double-sided tape costs about $5 for a 450″ roll at Staples. If you buy the shorter roll available at Dollar Tree, you’re saving money twice because the overall cost per inch is much less.
2. They may not have the name brand attached, but Dollar Tree cotton swabs come in the same size pack and work just as well, for much less!
3. Don’t pay a premium price for paper clips when you can pick some up at the dollar store for less than half the price.
4. Do you enjoy gardening? Then there’s no reason to buy your seasonal clay pots anywhere but at the dollar store. The same thing is about 4x the price at your home improvement store.
5. Hair elastics vanish quickly in my house, so why would I pay double the price at my local drugstore for something that won’t last long anyway? Just get them at Dollar Tree and they’re much cheaper to replace!
6. Buy pens from your local dollar store. If you’re like me, the pens in your home always manage to go AWOL, so don’t spend a mint on them if you don’t have to.
7. When your local dollar store has Scotch tape in stock, that’s the time and place to buy it. You’ll really save tons over buying it at your office supply store!
8. When you need balloons for a party, Dollar Tree is the place to go. Spend the money you save on more important elements of the party.
9. Juice boxes with 100% juice from the dollar store? Yes! And you know if you buy them at the grocer’s they are not a bargain. If you’ve got kids or grandkids, Dollar Tree is the place to buy these.
10. Dermasil brand lotion carried at Dollar Tree stores is actually a quality skin lotion–and I can attest to that because I’ve tried it. At only a dollar, you get a quality product and save money at the same time.